You may have encountered the error “Movie recording has been stopped automatically.”
You probably have no idea what it means, and you have just probably bought yourself a new Canon DSLR Camera, such as Canon EOS 550D, 600D or 60D.
Well, now you will know what it means actually. It has nothing to do with your camera actually. It’s not your camera’s fault and don’t put the blame on your new digital SLR.
It’s due to the memory card or SD card (SDHC) that you are using.
If you are a new user, you might not understand what type of SD cards are available there. SD cards for digital SLR cameras are different than the SD cards you use for digital compact cameras. For digital compact cameras, you do not need a high class SD card. For example, SDHC Class 4 is more than enough if you have a digital compact camera.
However, it is not adequate for your new Canon EOS SLR camera in terms of writing speed. You will need a better card speed in order to record high quality videos into your camera.
Movie recording has been stopped automatically happens when you try to record a HD video using a low class SDHC card, for example Class 4. You will need to buy yourself a new SDHC class 6 and above. If possible, Class 10.
And you can be rest assured that the warning will not appear anymore after you have changed your SD card to class 10.
The lower the class, the slower the write speed and the opposite is true, the higher the class number, the faster the write speed.
SD cards are affordable and cheap nowadays. Don’t fret as you can buy these cards for low price. No worries.
And if you plan to take HD videos using your Canon EOS 550D or 60D, make sure you have a large memory such as 16GB to make full use of the camera’s performance. If you use 8GB, you may only get about 20 minutes of video in highest resolution (HD).
You can compare the prices of SDHC (SD-High Capacity) cards below. They are all compatible for your camera to record Full-HD (full high-definition) videos.
© 2011, www.techstarted.com. All rights reserved.
Incoming search terms:
- Movie recording has been stopped automatically
- canon 600d movie recording has been stopped automatically
- movie recording has stopped automatically
- movie recording has been stopped automatically 600d
- movie recording has been stopped automatically canon 600d
- canon eos 600d movie recording has been stopped automatically
- canon 60d movie recording stopped automatically
- movie recording has been stopped automatically t2i
- movie recording has been stopped automatically 60D
- canon t2i movie recording has been stopped automatically
- canon t2i movie stopped automatically
- canon 550d movie recording has been stopped automatically
- canon movie recording has been stopped automatically
- how to fix movie recording stopped automatically
- canon eos 600d movie error message \this movie has been stopped automatically